New Internet marketers have it so much easier today…with respect to web design that is.
Back in the day, we all had to dive into the STEEP learning curve of Dreamweaver. Making a semi-attractive site was quite a challenge to say the least. Most beginners would simply quit in the beginning of that curve.
Now days, things are much easier. With the new versions of WordPress and the many available themes, anyone can build an attractive and search engine friendly site in a day or two…or less.
Beginners can now skip the weeks of learning Dreamweaver and skip right to the real work of optimizing, backlinking, and getting ranked well in Google.
If you aren’t using WordPress for all your new sites, you’re missing the boat!
Following are 7 reasons WordPress rocks!
1. It is free! In the old days we had to invest several hundred dollars for a copy of Dreamweaver. Gone are those days! WordPress does not cost a dime. It is perhaps the most useful piece of Internet software ever created.
2. Users do not have to know HTML. No experience is required. Anyone can create an attractive and profitable website in less than a day. The learning curve is only a slight bump in the road compared to the mountain that beginning marketers must climb when learning conventional web editors.
3. WordPress is open source. This is great news for users. Open source means the code is available for all to see and create plugins for. Now days there are thousands of no-cost plugins that can be added to the installed software. Whatever your site’s needs are, there is more than likely a plugin available for each need. Best of all, even most of the plugins are free.
4. There are thousands of themes available. Most are no cost, but the best ones do require purchase. I for one find great value in the purchased themes since most of them are much more solid and offer some level of tech support. But nonetheless, even at a cost of $50 to $100, the cost of the theme is very low with respect to the time saved in customizing the site.
5. Out of the box, WP is relatively search engine friendly. However, with the addition of a few free SEO plugins, the WordPress driven site becomes super search engine friendly. Here again, the process is extremely simple compared to the “old days” when using HTML themes meant sacrificing search engine optimization.
6. Because of the “posting” method used by the software, it is extremely easy to add content. New content, pictures, or videos can be added from any computer anywhere. In the past, using a web editor meant almost all the editing of a site had to be done while always using the same computer. Today, it’s easy to add pages to you site while waiting in an airport, at a relative’s house, etc.
Simply put, WordPress Rocks!